Wednesday, July 14, 2010

New job possibilities

So, it has been a very exciting week. I have been looking for a new job for a while which is why I have been attending Kaplan. I was hoping to find a job with more flexibility and where I could work from home. Well, on a whim, I applied for a job with a company that makes communication devices. They have decided that they need a representative in the area where I live. I was sure that they would not consider me because I'm not a speech therapist. Much to my surprise, they did consider me. I spoke with a manager on the phone. Then, I had the opportunity to meet when I was visiting family in Pennsylvania this week. The one little problem is that I have a contract with the school district. If they can find a replacement for me, then they will let me go. If they can't, they won't. I look forward to seeing what will happen on this journey for me. This is truly my dream job! I would have the opportunity to share the excitement of developing speech and language for those who may not normally have that opportunity. Keep your fingers crossed with me!
Christine K.

1 comment: